With the new initiative by the Indian Government “DIGITAL INDIA” everything in our country is changing accordingly to create a Digital India. And now India is more of digital and technological in every field. Every bank or postal transaction requires PAN card number, so getting a PAN card is of great importance for every employee.
Now applying for PAN (Permanent Account Number) is also online. This article gives a little information about online application for a PAN card.
Steps to apply online for PAN Card:
1. Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
2. That new page is the homepage of the Income Tax Department and PAN services. This page has options for creating a PAN if you are a new user and if you have already registered then you can also track the status of your PAN card.
3. You have to fill the details asked there and Click on Submit button and if you are an Indian citizen Form No 49A will be opened and if you are a foreign citizen then Form No 49AA will be opened.
4. Fill the form online and submit and after the form is submitted successfully an acknowledgment is displayed and the acknowledgment has a unique 15 digit number which has to be saved and printed for future process.
5. The acknowledgment should be sent to the Income Tax Department and along with you have to attach a few documents like Proof of address and identity. Your details filled in the form and the details in these documents must match.
- Proof of identity can be voter id, driving license or passport.
- Proof of address can be driving license, passport, rent bill, telephone bill or electricity bill.
6. You are also supposed to attach two recent photographs of you. Signatures have to be made wherever they are indicted and the photographs should be clear and this photograph will appear on your PAN Card.
7. Payment Options
- The application fees for the PAN card application is Rs.96 if the address for communication is in India and which can be paid using Demand Draft, Cheque, Debit card, Credit card or internet banking.
- The application fees for the PAN card application is Rs.962 if the address for communication is outside India and this has to be paid using DDs only.
Note: In case of online payment, payment has to be done at the time of application and the acknowledgment for the payment has to be printed and it has to be attached with other documents.
8. All the documents attached along with the acknowledgment letter and photographs must be sent to NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) in Pune within the 15 days of online application. The envelope must indicate the purpose and the acknowledge number.
9. The applications are processed after the receipt of the payment.
10. PAN card can be traced online or by sending SMS to 57575 by typing SMS NSDLPAN –space- ‘acknowledgement number’ or by writing them to their address. The process of changing the Card details is also similar, which will be clearly indicated on the website.
Note: There are some separate set of guidelines for each step kindly go through them and apply carefully.
Thank you for reading our article and if you have any doubts/queries/suggestions, please feel free to comment below. If you find this article useful and knowledgeable, please share it with your circle. You can even contact us privately through the contact form or through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.