I hope that you all know that Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a government organization which works under the Ministry of Labor and Employment. It is a retirement benefits scheme that is available to all salaried employees whose fraction of every month salary is saved and can be used in the event when you are unable to work or upon retirement.
Every employee of an organization should know about his EPF status and should keep an eye on that regularly checking whether his employer is depositing the correct share of the amount to his EPF account. Because nowadays, any numbers of small and even large companies are depositing just only 10 – 12 percent of the amount contributed by their employees (I mean they are not exactly depositing 12 percent which they have to). So it’s better to keep a track of your EPF on a regular basis.
The withdrawal of your EPF is not generally allowed, unless you have given up working or you chose to get self-employed, etc. As per the rules, you can withdraw your money only when you have no job at the time of your application of withdrawal and then you need to wait for a period of two months timing to get your money.
In order to avoid this waiting period of two months and if you want your EPF amount immediately, there are ways by which you can get your amount easily. Those who are planning to get settled abroad and those who got job offers in foreign countries can withdraw their EPF amount easily within some days. And most importantly, you need to submit the evident documents like VISA or the offer letter from the foreign company. The female employees can withdraw their PF amount if they are leaving the service for the purpose of getting married or for their self-education etc.
It is a good idea to not touch your EPF amount for any extra luxuries or any unwanted spending. Because this amount is secure, risk-free, protected investment for your retirement and you can even use it in any emergency periods of your life. Even though EPF reduces your in-hand salary during your working life, it will surely be useful in the future.
Those who are retired from their service or those who are in a situation to withdraw their EPF amount can apply for the withdrawal of their EPF at the EPF’s official website.
With this online EPF claiming facility, every employee can apply for their EPF withdrawal easily. For this, you need to know the following two things:
- Employee Provident Fund account number of yours.
- Your EPF office location where your employer maintains your account.
STEPS TO CHECK YOUR EPF CLAIM STATUS
- After going to the official website of EPF, you can find a link “Know your claim status” and you just click on that link and you will be redirected to a new page.
- That new page will have a link “Click Here for the status”. Now click on that link and you will again be redirected to another page.
- In this page, you need to select the state where employer’s registered office is situated.
- After selecting your state, a table of Region name, Region code, Office code and Office name will be generated. Then click on the office name where your company maintains your EPF.
- The next page will ask for your Employee Provident Fund Account Number. If you don’t remember your EPF account number, you can find it on your payslip.
- After entering the account number, click submit button.
- Then your employee provident fund account status with details life claim id, the status of the application form will be shown. This is how you can check your EPF claim status online.
Click here to Check latest uno Rules…
Thank you for reading our article and if you have any doubts/queries/suggestions, please feel free to comment below. If you find this article useful and knowledgeable, please share it with your circle. You can even contact us privately through the contact form or through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.