It’s a proud moment for Indians on the launch of NAVIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation). Nowadays, from vehicle drivers to soldiers, everyone started using GPS and it has become an inherent part of our routine. But the GPS currently used in India is designed by US. In national emergencies like war, using the country’s GPS system is preferable over global GPS system. India has understood this in kargil war, 1999. In view of this, Indian scientists have developed NAVIC.
The following are some of the informations of NAVIC that all Indians should know about:
- Earlier known as IRNSS (India’s Regional Navigation Satellite System), it was later renamed as NAVIC.
- Every satellite navigation system has a constellation. In NAVIC there are seven satellites namely 1-A, 1-B, 1-C, 1-D, 1-E, 1-F, 1-G.
- 1-A was launched in July, 2013. With the launch of 1-G on April 28th of this year, NAVIC is all set. But as a backup, four more satellites are being developed.
- NAVIC works in the usual transmitter (satellite) and receiver (mobile phone) method.
- NAVIC’s radius extends upto an area of 1500km. For civilians, it offers 20m accuracy and for restricted services, it can possibly provide 10cm accuracy.
- This service can be used in: vehicle tracking, disaster management, terrestrial and marine navigation, fleet management, navigation aid for hikers and travellers, visual and voice navigation for drivers.
- The cost incurred on satellites is Rs. 910 crores and the entire project’s expenditure is Rs. 1420 crores.
- India already had a regional satellite navigational system GAGAN, which is used only for commercial airline industry and by scientists studying the ionosphere. But GAGAN takes the help of American GPS, unlike the autonomous NAVIC.
Mr.Modi had dedicated NAVIC to India’s mariners and fishermen mentioning that NAVIC is nothing but a mariner (navik in hindi). He also specified that NAVIC would be useful for SAARC countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka). Since because NAVIC uses only seven satellites, a few criticized that it cannot be more accurate than the American GPS system. However, along with Russia, China, US and EU, India also has its own GPS system now. A proud moment for all Indians. KUDOS SCIENTISTS!!!
Also read “India Mandates Panic Button In Smartphones For Women Safety“.
Thank you for reading our article and if you have any doubts/queries/suggestions, please feel free to comment below. If you find this article useful and knowledgeable, please share it with your circle. You can even contact us privately through the contact form or through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.
I’ve been exploring on the net more than a few time today, however hardly ever found just about any interesting content including your own property. It is really fairly value sufficient in my situation. For my part, if just about all world wide web entrepreneurs and bloggers built good content material as you almost certainly did, the web is going to be a lot more helpful than any other time.. car navigation system bangalore
Thank you so much for your compliment 🙂 🙂 🙂
Excellent post. I’m verifying frequently this site and i’m influenced! Invaluable details exclusively the remainder of the portion 🙂 My partner and i maintain such information a lot car navigation systems at best buy. I was looking for this a number of details for your long time. Thank you so much as well as associated with success.
Thank you for your compliment…
Is it doesn’t ideal time to create a handful of strategies for your long run and time and energy to be happy car navigation system price. We have study the following distribute in case I may I need to advise you a few appealing troubles or maybe suggestions. Perhaps you could produce following content articles making reference to this article. I would like to examine all the more reasons for it!
Yea I’ll check it out and try to reference it… 🙂
It is a nice helpful piece of details. We’re happy which you simply discussed this helpful information around. Make sure you keep us well informed in this way. Many thanks for discussing car navigation systems dash.
Thank you so much for your compliment… Keep visiting us for more updates…