Affiliate marketing is to make money online for those who want an income from their web use. An affiliate marketer promotes several products or websites in exchange for a commission from the web traffic she generates. At the time of recommendation/web traffic from an internet, affiliate leads to a sale, the affiliate earns money. The products or services are provided by others, while you provide a sales or marketing. While there are no successful schemes for getting rich quickly, many people have found success doing internet marketing as an affiliate. Learning how to work as a successful affiliate marketer can help you determine whether a career in this potentially lucrative field might be right for you.
Breaking into Affiliate marketing
Decide a business model. There are two business models that prospective affiliate marketers choose between them. First is a source site, and the second is a review site.
- Resource site commonly embeds a merchant partner’s site in an affiliate link or banner advertisement within a how-to post. The model of business needs frequent updates and new contents to ensure that customer return to the marketer’s site regularly.
- Review site features reviews of products and service that the marketer has tried and can attest to. The advantage of review website is that they require less frequent updates.
Create a Website
Working as an affiliate marketer requires your own platform (a personal website ) on which you post links and advertise your chosen products or services. If you have an existing website or blog, you can use that platform to begin earning with additional income as an affiliate marketer. If you do not have a website or blog, you need to create one.
- The advantages of a blog are that it is free to operate, whereas some sites require a fee to operate. Sites such as in GoDaddy.com are very inexpensive to operate and may look more professional than a personal block.
- Consider joining an affiliate marketing company. An easy way to enter the field of affiliate marketing. Though it is ultimately an independent work, many companies allow aspiring affiliate marketers to join for free to have a platform for advertisement of products.
Select a Niche
Most among the affiliate marketers choose a niche, or area of their specialization. Before beginning marketing products or services, you will need to find an area you can comfortable to work with to advertise.
- Your niche do not necessarily need to be an area you are an expert in. You can also choose a specialized area which you are enthusiastic and interested in learning about.
- The initial startup work can be very intensive and tiring, so it’s necessary to choose a niche in which you would not mind working for prolonged periods. This can help you up for success as you get your new career started.
Choose Products and Services
Once you have chosen a niche for work, you are ready and start finding products and services to promote on your platform. The products and services you have choose to promote, as well as how much work you will have to do, will vary depending on your selected niche.
- A company such as Commission Junction is ideal for marketers who always wants to promote more traditional products and services. Commission Junction is indulged in a diverse range of potential advertising opportunities, which are ideal for newcomers to the field who have no experience down their niche yet.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing models such as Google AdSense may be appealing to some marketers. PPC models pays less compared to other marketing models, but the advantage is that they demand less active work from the marketer.
Find and work with Affiliates
Affiliates will help you grow your business and help tapping into web traffic. There are so many ways to meet and engage with other affiliates, but the best way is to access desirable affiliates is by creating a good reputation for yourself. This can be done by developing a popular blog or otherwise earning a large online following, or becoming a published author of a book or some article. Generally speaking, the basic course of action taken for acquiring affiliates typically involves one of the following methods:
- Emailing or contacting other bloggers and online marketers who are sharing a common niche and asking them either to promote your product, or engaging in a mutual benefit cross-promotion wherein both you and the other blogger promote each other’s products.
- Fetching successful affiliates online, either through forums, mutual contacts, or affiliate networks ( like Clickbank or Commission Junction) that can be joined online.
Drive traffic to your Affiliate Program
Once you have built a famous platform and secured affiliates to work with you, you will need to drive traffic on to your affiliate program. There is number of ways to accomplish this, but one of the easiest and most successful ways involves writing a blog post or web articles and using the email newsletter to invite your subscribers to join the affiliate program of your selection. Other methods include:
- Giving away free content to other websites which may help drive traffic to your links.
- Using viral marketing, such as a link at the end of newsletters that allows readers to pass the newsletter to other readers very quickly and easily.
Securing free links on sites that already drive a lot of traffic into it.
Thank you for reading our article and if you have any doubts/queries/suggestions, please feel free to comment below. If you find this article useful and knowledgeable, please share it with your circle. You can even contact us privately through the contact form or through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.