Infosys Limited is a 2nd largest Indian MNC Company headquartered in Bangalore provides software engineering, information technology, business consulting and outsourcing services. Infosys recruit its employees through On-campus, Off-campus and referral drives. The interview process of Infosys is same for all type of recruitment drives.
At Infosys, hiring is a well thought out and comprehensive process, based on business requirements. According to the business plan, hiring is forecasted and implemented throughout the year. Infosys hires based on business goals. Freshers are selected on the basis of their profiles and allocated to projects depending upon their competencies and the requirements of the role. Typically, freshers join as software engineers. Infosys has reportedly hired around 20000 students in 2015-16. Infosys visits campuses every year. They have built a global talent pool by recruiting from premier universities, colleges and institutes in India. Their reputation as a premier employer enables them to select from a large pool of qualified applicants. Since you are going to be a part of the recruitment process, let’s try to understand why Infosys hires in large numbers.
- They need to have a large pool of trained resources to ensure that they always have a wide pool to form project teams quickly.
- Freshers cost less and can be easily trained to any skill as they do not have any inclination to a particular technology.
- Adjust for attrition at the middle level i.e. the senior employees leaving the company. The attrition rate in June 2016 was an alarming 21%. Attrition in human resources refers to the gradual loss of employees over time. To calculation a company’s attrition rate, you divide the number of employees who leave in a given year by the total number of positions you have. For instance, if you have 100 positions available and 30 employees leave the company in a given year, your attrition rate is 30 percent. This may be high or low, depending on the various factors.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the eligibility criteria, interview process of Infosys.
Eligibility Criteria for Infosys:
- Candidates from B.E/B. Tech, M.E/M. Tech, MBA, MCA, BCA, BSC is eligible to attend their process.
- 65% of marks is required in SSLC (10th) and HSC (12th).
- No active backlogs/arrears.
- Candidates with more than 1 year of education gap is not eligible.
NOTE: The above eligibility criteria may vary sometimes. So check before you apply.
The interview process of Infosys consists of 3 rounds totally.
- Online Test (Aptitude, Verbal, Logical type of MCQs)
- Technical HR Round
- General HR Round
Online Test Pattern:
This 1st online round is a computer based MCQ round. The test duration is 95 Minutes and the total number of questions combining all the three areas is 65.
- Quantitative Ability – 10 Questions – 35 Minutes
- Reasoning Ability – 15 Questions – 25 Minutes
- Verbal Ability – 40 Questions – 35 Minutes
- There is sectional cutoff. So you should secure the cutoff in all three areas to clear this round.
- There is no negative marks. So try to answer all the questions.
Online Test Syllabus:
- QUANTITATIVE ABILITY – Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Algebra, Averages, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Simple & Compound Interest, Percentage, Number Series, Mixtures & Alligations, Simplification, Number System, Heights and Distances, Geometry & Mensuration, Data Sufficiency, Logarithms, Progressions.
- REASONING ABILITY – Puzzles, Syllogisms, Binary Logic, Clocks & Calendars, Cubes & Dice, Series, Analogies, Classification, Blood Relations, Directions & Distances, Ordering & Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Arrangements & Patterns, Problem Solving, Coded Inequalities, Double Lineup, Logical Deductions, Routes & Networks, Scheduling, Grouping & Selections Verbal Reasoning.
- VERBAL ABILITY – Reading Comprehension, Synonyms & Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Analogy, Theme Detection, Direct & Indirect Speech, Active & Passive Voice, Para Jumbles, Sentence Jumbles, Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, One Word Substitution, Spellings.
This round is somewhat easier if you are strong in the following areas:
- Basic questions from C, C++, Java, SQL etc.
- Clear knowledge on your project and paper idea if any.
- Basic core academic knowledge.
- Finding the output of a program.
- Writing the syntax and programs.
General HR Round:
If you entered this round means, then the chance of you getting selected is very high. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions in this round:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why you want to join Infosys?
- About your project.
- About academics and family background.
- About your topic of interests like hobbies etc.
- Do you have any questions?
So this is it. If you clear all the three rounds means, then you will bag the chance to get trained at Infosys Mysore Training Campus.
Thank you for reading our article and if you have any doubts/queries/suggestions, please feel free to comment below. If you find this article useful and knowledgeable, please share it with your circle. You can even contact us privately through the contact form or through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.